Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rumor: HP to spin off Leo Apotheker into a separate company.

WorldWide Tech & Science. Francisco De Jesús.

Take this comment made by William Vambenepe on Twitter as a not official HP´s decision about outsting or not Leo Apotheker as CEO from the company. However if Apotheker is more inmerse in software than in hardware scenarios, maybe spinning him off to a separate company might be a good idea.




Who is William Vambenepe



About

I work as architect for the application and middleware management part of Oracle Enterprise Manager. Topics that I occasionally cover on this blog include application management, automation, protocols, modeling, BSM, BTM, standards, SOA, Cloud Computing (especially PaaS), Semantic Web and other Web technologies.

 In this entry I tried to explain the tagline for this blog, “IT management in a changing IT world”.

Before coming to Oracle in 2007, I worked in HP’s software division for nine years, on a variety of products ranging from high resolution imaging (OpenPix) to middleware (e-speak, Bluestone, HP-AS) and, for the last five years, systems management. There, as a “distinguished technologist” in the BTO group (previously known as OpenView) I combined architectural and standard-related activities.

 On the latter side, I managed the software standards strategy and was directly involved in many Web services and management-related standard efforts. Towards the end of my time at HP, I was working on the CMDB product, called Universal CMDB.

My work email address follows the firstname.lastname@oracle.com format. My personal email address is my first name @vambenepe.com. I am @vambenepe on Twitter. You can also call me (if you’re game for a small challenge).

I started this blog because I love to receive comment spam. I think it contains a form of popular art waiting to emerge.

And of course the views I express on this site are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Invitation] Galaxy Unpacked 2024, Jan 17: Opening a New Era of Mobile AI.

A revolutionary mobile experience is coming. Get ready to discover a new era full of possibilities with the latest Galaxy innovations, desig...

Popular Posts